Jose is a father of four. He singlehandedly raised them – giving each the best life he can possibly afford. He is now 58 years old, and he still looks after his children. Jose is awesome. Jose is inspiring. Be like Jose.
Obviously, my dad is one of my inspirations. He sacrificed so much for my siblings and I, working two jobs to send all 4 of us to private schools, believing that education is important to ones success, and must be a priority. Well, it is! School equips students with the fundamentals of life and serves as a starter pack to a brighter future. So a big thank you to my dad for giving us the gift of education, the love, the care and everything else. I love you.
Fathers’ Day is fast approaching and unfortunately I can’t celebrate it with my dad this Sunday, I thought of giving him a li’l surprise. A tiny effort to show him that I am grateful for everything. So last night, I went to Marks & Spencer Ayala Center Cebu to grab some ingredients for my quick-to-prepare Arrabbiata Spaghetti.
500g Marks & Spencer Spaghetti
1 bottle Marks & Spencer Arrabbiata Pasta Sauce
250g Four-cheese tomato sauce
3pcs. Italian Sausage
100g Feta Cheese
100g Cheddar cheese
8pcs Fresh Basic Leaves
1tbsp chopped parsley
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Allow 2 liters of water, with a tablespoon of olive oil, teaspoon of salt and 2 leaves of basil, to boil.
2. Steam the Italian Sausage. Leave for 11 minutes.
3. When the water is already on full boil, drop 500g of Marks & Spencer Spaghetti and leave for 12 minutes.
4. In a hot saucepan, pour the bottle of Marks & Spencer Arrabbiata Sauce and 250g of tomato sauce. When the mixture starts to boil, drop 6 leaves of basil to give it an herby taste. Season with salt & pepper. Leave for 3 minutes.
5. When pasta and sauce are ready, then begin plating, starting with the pasta, then pour the sauce, topped with Italian Sausage slices, cheddar and feta cheeses and garnished with chopped parsley.
Serves 5. Preparation time is 30 minutes.
If your dad is not a fan of tangy-tomato-with-a-mild-spicy-kick sauce, you may substitute the Arrabbiata sauce with something a little bit sweet, like meatball sauce.
But if your dad cooks better than you, then it’s a good idea to buy him the ingredients for his specialty dish and let him teach you the recipe. And don’t forget to buy him a bottle of Marks & Spencer wine. 🙂
And yes, I’ll introduce you to another super dad, 36-year old VP and COO of The Angcore Motor Group Tobi Ang with wife Michelle. The couple enjoying a M&S Red wine while preparing dinner. Both wearing ensembles from the M&S 2017 Summer Collection.
And don’t forget to give your super dad a big hug and a sincere thank you, it’ll surely brighten up his day. Happy Fathers’ Day to all the fathers out there. 😉